At Ace Physio our highly trained practitioners use only the highest quality FDA and CE approved, single use, acupuncture needles. This ensures that when you have acupuncture treatments at Ace Physio you will enjoy the safest, most effective, and most comfortable acupuncture sessions.Acupuncture can be used to treat a broad range of conditions and works by encouraging the patient’s body to cure itself. Acupuncture is one of the oldest medical procedures in the world. It had its origins in China, more than 2500 years ago; some even believe it to be as long as 4000 years ago. In acupuncture, the nerves in the skin and muscles are stimulated by the penetration of thin, metallic, and virtually painless needles at anatomic points also known as acupuncture points and this produces a wide variety of effects, including causing the body to increase the release of natural painkillers. These natural pain killers, endorphin and serotonin, are released in the pain pathway of the brain and the spinal cord causing the pain signals which are received to be modified.
Traditional Needled combined with Electrostimulation
Often to maximize effects the acupuncture needles will be attached to an electrical stimulation device. At Ace Physio we offer the AS Super 4 Digital electro stimulation. The AS SUPER 4 digital offers 4 channels for the stimulation of up to 8 acupuncture needles. The intensity of each channel can be set separately. The traditional schwa-medico skin protection system AKS gives highest security against skin burning and is incredibly safe.
The AS Super 4 digital offers highly effective stimulation settings for a variety of treatments such as:
- Han stimulation (employs shifting between low and high frequency stimulation for potent pain relief)
- Nogier (relevant settings for harmonizing sickness and healing the body rapidly, including anti-inflammatory effects, nerve involvement, improving circulation, and encouraging new bone growth, wound and ulcer healing),
- TSEA (Traditional and Scientific approach to Electro-Acupuncture)
- Hypertonic (for treatment of spastic muscles)
- Edema/swelling reducing (settings for acute or chronic swelling)
- Burst sensitive (for treating sensitive areas such as the scalp and face).